Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Need a question answered? Read our Frequently Asked Questions below to answer the most common questions we receive.
When will my item ship?
Do you ship overseas and to P.O. boxes?
Many items we are able to ship overseas except for printers and a few other items. We do not ship to P.O. Boxes, only physical addresses. If you purchased from us through a 3rd party that accepts PO boxes then we will gladly ship there.
What are your customer service hours?
Questions sent to us through our Contact Us page are replied to Monday – Friday from 8am – 4pm CST, excluding holidays.
What’s your return policy?
The return policy for products varies by seller. Below are links to common marketplaces you can find Image Microsystems products.
For products purchased directly from Image Microsystems, from our websites, or Ebay stores, we offer a 30 day money back guarantee on the products we sell. With valid proof of purchase we’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.) For non-defective returns you are responsible for return shipping costs and in some cases a 10% restocking fee.
Requesting a Product Return
All product returns require a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number before being returned. You may obtain an RMA number by contacting Image Microsystem’s Customer Service Department on our Contact Us page. Be sure to include your order ID and reason for return to ensure proper processing.
All items must be sent back in the condition they are received, in original product packaging without damaging the retail box and must include all components and accessories. Serial numbers and condition of item returns will be confirmed by our returns department and if any return is sent back in an unacceptable condition, it will be refused.
What is the warranty on your products?
Most of our products carry a 90 day limited warranty from the date of product purchase, fulfilled through Image Microsystems. If you purchased your item through a reseller other than Image Microsystems we recommend contacting them first for their individual warranty program.
To make a warranty claim, fill out the form on the Contact Us page with your purchase information and nature of the problem. Once approved your product will be repaired and/or replacement with the same make and model or one of equivalent or greater value.
Detailed warranty information can be found on our Warranty detail page.
Do the pictures I see online match the product I am buying?
If products are A-Grade (new in box) or B-Grade (like-new but refurbished), we use stock photos which accurately represent the condition of the product. Products listed as C-Grade have minor scratches to the surface of the item or small scratches on the screen. These products may use a photo we have taken of the same product but not necessarily representing the same location and size of wear as the product you receive. We make every effort to accurately match C-Grade products to the listing photo. All listings with C-Grade images are noted.
What can I expect when I receive a “refurbished” product?
We make every effort to ensure your refurbished product performs similar to a new product. Whenever we are unable to provide you with a like-new item we price the product according to condition and available accessories. Below are some common refurbished points.
- Refurbished units may come with different accessories than the original item
- Refurbished laptops usually come with charger and battery, unless otherwise noted
- Refurbished laptops might come with a French-Canadian keyboard and we will note this in the product description
- Refurbished units will always come in a box that identify it as as being refurbished
What does new open unit mean?
New open unit products are ones that have not been used, but the box seal was broken. Any handling was for inspection purposes only and you can be assured the product is like-new…just with a lower price.
Do you offer express shipping?
In many cases we offer express shipping. In these cases we will list it as an option for an additional price.
Do you ship in the original HP box?
No, we do not ship in the original HP box, only in a refurbished box. Some of our boxes are very high quality so it is possible that you might mistake a refurbished unit for a new one!
This is no Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker with the laptop.
Most of our laptops are Windows 10 digitally licensed with a downgrade to Windows 7, so it does not have a COA sticker. The machine will be activated as soon as you connect to internet. You can upgrade to Windows 10 for free.
My package has not arrived and might be lost. What should I do?
Please Contact Us with the relevant information and we will open a claim with the shipping company.
How do I get technical support?
How do I restore my computer?
A System Restore is a feature in Microsoft Windows that allows the user to revert their computer’s state (including system files, installed applications, Windows Registry, and system settings) to that of a previous point in time, which can be used to recover from system malfunctions or other problems.
Restore your PC by Performing a Reset Settings if your computer boots normally. If your computer does not boot normally, see Performing a Reset through Windows Recovery Environment below.
Performing A Reset through Settings
- Select the Start menu in the bottom left hand corner. Then select Settings
- Select Update and Security
- In the left hand menu select Recovery.
- Windows presents you with three major options: Reset this PC, Go back to an earlier build and Advanced startup. Reset this PC is the best option for starting fresh. Advanced startup lets you boot off a recovery USB drive or disc and “Go to an earlier build” is made for Windows Insiders who want to roll back to a previous version of the OS.
- Select Get started under Reset this PC.
- Select either “Keep my files” or “Remove everything,” depending on whether you want to keep your data files intact. Either way, all of your settings will return to their defaults and apps will be uninstalled.
- Select “Just remove my files” or “Remove files and clean the drive” if you chose to “remove everything” in the prior step. Cleaning the drive takes a lot longer but will make sure that, if you are giving the computer away, the next person will have a hard time recovering your erased files. If you are keeping the computer, choose “Just remove my files.”
- Select Next if Windows warns you that you won’t be able to roll back to a prior version of the OS.
- Select Reset when prompted. Windows will then restart and take several minutes to reset itself.\
- Select Continue when prompted.
Performing a reset through Windows Recovery Environment
Use one of the following methods to open Windows Recovery Environment:
Restart your computer and immediately press the F11 key repeatedly. The Choose an option screen opens.
Click Start. While holding down the Shift key, click Power, then select Restart. Continue holding down the Shift key as the computer restarts, until the Choose an option screen opens.
On the Choose an Option screen, click Troubleshoot.
Click Reset this PC.
If you want to keep your personal files and customization, click Keep my files, then click Reset. Your computer reinstalls the operating system and your computer restarts. You are done.If you want to remove all files, click Remove everything and continue to the next step.
If you only want to remove everything from the drive where Windows is installed, click Only the drive where Windows is installed. If you want to remove all files from the computer, click All drives.
You can fully clean the drive, so that no files are recoverable, or you can delete your files.
If you want to delete your files, click Just remove my files.
If you want to clean the drive, click Fully clean the drive.
Windows reinstalls the operating system and the computer restarts.
Downloading HP Printer Drivers.
To download your printer driver to you computer for you HP Printer follow the steps below.
- Visit https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers.
- Click on Printers
- Select you printer model number or enter it in the field below. The printer model number can be found on the front of your printer,
- Below are the different software downloads
- Driver-Product Installation Software – this full software solution is the same solution as the in-box CD that came with your printer.
- Driver-Universal Fax Driver – for fax machines
- Firmware – program stored inside of a printer, which allows it to receive information from a computer and turn it into a printed image
- Software-ePrint – or mobile printing in Windows
- Utility-Diagnostic Tools – developed to help you get the following free utilities diagnostic tool that helps solve common printer problems
- Order Physical Media-CD/DVD/USB – through this you can order a physical CD that will have the drive software on it.